^ go to About Us

Facilities

The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Lima holds Sunday worship services, ceremonies, and other events in our Fellowship House at W. Market Street in Lima, Ohio. This stately house was built in 1912 and was purchased by the Unitarian Fellowship of Lima in 1959. It has a full width front porch, adorned in spring by a flowering magnolia tree. Elegant wide woodwork and banisters along two staircases lend a warm elegance to the hallway linking the two large front rooms with the kitchen and office at the back of the house. Members have avidly preserved much of the house to keep the quiet, relaxing atmosphere intact. The restructured porch and wheelchair-accessible ramp meld with the exterior appearance and maintain the classic style.

In our standard "presentation" arrangement the lectern and piano are at the front of the first floor sanctuary and chairs are facing the curtained windows toward the front yard. Our sactuary seats about 45. For music during worship services, we have an pianist or we play recorded music. The large video screen can be used to show DVDs or computer presentations such as PowerPoint slide shows.

Our social room, an open area to the right of the entrance way and across from the sancturay, is used for serving coffee and refreshments after Sunday worship service. This is also an area for coversation and socializing.

The rooms on the second floor are used for our library, religious education classroom space, or meeting rooms.

Fellowship house pictures

UU Lima Fellowship house magnolia tree in bloom on the grounds of UU Lima Sancturary setup with 30 chairs and information tables at back Front entrance Large porch Hallway with original woodwork  hearth looking down from second floor  Social Room Setup for dinner for 30  Library Desk in Library Religious Education Classroom  stair free access ramp

Events

After-Service Brunch Art Show reception UU Lima 55th anniversary After service social hour ceremony Kidsceremony buffet new porch Summer Jam Session on fribt porch